Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bulkogi-Korean Lettuce Wraps



1/2 c. soy sauce
1/4 c. water
1/2 c. sugar
3 to 4 green onions or 1 small yellow onion, chopped
1/4 tsp. garlic, minced
1 tbsp. grated ginger (I have substituted ground ginger)
1 tbsp. sesame oil (I have used canola oil or white wine vinegar)
1/4-1 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
1 to 2 lb. thinly sliced beef or leftover roast meat
1-2 cups cooked rice (I use my rice cooker)
Romaine Lettuce Leaves (You can buy good ones for a cheap price at Sam's Club)

Mix first 9 ingredients and marinate beef in it overnight or at least for 30 minutes. Stir fry beef until cooked thoroughly. Add rice (add more rice if you want a thicker texture, I normally do
2 cups of rice) to beef marinated in the pan. Stir well. Roll up beef rice mixture in romaine lettuce leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment